Crop Production & Extension Expert
Sustainable Drylands Agriculture
Dr. Alice Ruto has over 20 years of practical experience in the areas of dryland crop production, agricultural extension and community development through Farmer/Pastoral Field Schools. She has extensive experience in setting up on-farm water harvesting techniques for crop and pasture production in Eastern and Northern parts of Kenya. Alice has extensive experience in developing policies and strategies for the agriculture sector in Kenya. Her strengths lie in transferring scientific knowledge and technologies to farmers and livestock keepers. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alice_Ruto5/publications
- Doctor of Philosophy in Dryland Resources Management.
- Master Rural Sociology and Community Development.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture.
- Strategic Leadership Development Program
- Management Challenge Course
- Climate Change Policy, Planning, & Budgeting for Climate Change Units
- AgriFose2030 – Agriculture for Food Security 2030; Translating Science to Policy & Practice
- Environment Impact Assessment and Audit Course (EIA-Audit)
- Senior Management Course (SMC)
- Participatory Natural Resource Management